Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A LITTLE HOLIDAY CHEER



Holidays are always quiet
for me
since I became a full-fledged
misanthrope.

It's not that I hate people
really
it's just that there's 
so damn many of 'em
everyplace you turn--
the source of all 
the world's evil.

I mean who else would it be...
the kindly elephant???

No worries though
as one by one
the fair-weather friends
drop by the wayside 
like they slipped
on a banana peel.

One day they're there
and the next 
POOF
they've removed themselves
from your life
with nary a word.

Good riddance to bad rubbish
as the quaint old saying goes.

(They've done a favor
actually
and saved you
from having to haul out that trash
yourself.)

More time to watch Dog TV
and I don't even have a dog.
But it makes for a pleasant
and quiet yuletide
as you don't see many humans
on there.
Just a contented mutt
and his bone.

Come to think of it
that describes me to a T.

Happy holidays, y'all!




10 comments:

  1. Tim, you make me smile. I am a happy hermit myself. Love the whole idea of dog tv, and so wish I could have a dog to complete the perfection of being at home. But landlords in Canada say no. Sigh. I hope you have happy holidays and that the new year dawns bright and smiling for you. See you on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep--see you on the trail, Sherry, wherever that may lead. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone that makes someone else's life better by removing the trash before it starts to stink is doing something good on my book.

    Also, I had no idea Dog TV was a thing. I Googled it after reading your poem, and... I can't wait to binge-watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very relaxing channel. Dogs like it. Cats seem to like it too! :)

      Delete
  4. I hear you.
    Happy holidays. I have been looking at a MULTITUDE of Christmas TV movies always there's a doggie on scene.

    Much🎅love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Gillena. Enjoy the holidays...WOOF WOOF!

      Delete
  5. You wonderful misanthrope, you! Yes that is indeed the root of the problem with people - just too many of us. I'm with you...a contented mutt with a bone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I detect a kindred spirit. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It's when you don't need much from outside sources, with the realization there's nothing much of value they can provide anyway!

      Delete