Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

BETWEEN THE LINES



Hey
I dunno how to tell you this
but your poem sucks
and so do you

Ha ha
you know I'm kidding, right?
I'm a real kidder, ya know

Oh, and that souffle you made
the other night for the potluck
you BURNT it
and it tasted like shit!

Aw...go on...you know me...
it was DELICIOUS

And while we're at it
I've been meaning to mention that
YOU
have been outlasting your
DEODORANT
if you get what I mean

Ha ha
oh man
I'm such a kidder
a regular Don Rickles in cheap clothing

You know you always smell like a rose

Anyway
great to see you
and hey (whispering in ear)
don't let this get out but...

Your poem sucks
and so do you!
(ha ha)


25 comments:

  1. Smelly poems sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I'll post the question: Would you rather have a sucky poem and be a smelly person, or have a smelly poem and be a sucky person?

      Delete
    2. Ha... I think that smelly is in the nose of the beholder... don't know about sucky

      Delete
  2. Burned and stinky and sucky, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over reaction...if you did not want your curtains washed in fresh rosemary you should have said so !

    ReplyDelete
  4. __ Sometimes, 'tis better to leave a 'vacuuming' thought that 'siphons' the readers' imaginations.

    a poem
    'draws' in all thought
    and 'sponges' into realms
    imagined by those 'taunting' words
    bards 'void'

    __ Well, that sups! Smiles, _m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had a clothespin on my nose as I was writing it.

      Delete
  6. I love the childlike voice in this poem and the boyish humour, although some of the sarcasm is quite sharp. But who is Don Rickles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be quite young, Kim, not to remember him !

      Delete
  7. Subtle way to get a message across.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, tell us how you really feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Between the lines and in the lines. A joker is at play.

    ReplyDelete