Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

CONSIDER

Imaginary Garden With Real Toads

dVerse

I really don't care
what you DO
really I don't
cuz anything between two
or three
or more
consenting pervs
is alright with me
just tell me how
it makes you FEEL
like the first time
you cheated on your man
did it make you feel
guilty?
dirty?
giddy?
confused?
like in high school when
you walked past those boys
who always muttered something
beneath their breath
and then you took to not wearing a bra
when you passed by
cuz it made you feel giddy
just to gauge their reaction
as you pretended
(with that haughty look
your species has perfected )
not to notice them


Sight alone cannot authenticate
that something is real
(for it may be a dream)
you've got to take it into your grasp
and FEEL

As one who has attempted
on numerous occasions
to bridge the gap between
fantasy and reality
I want you to consider dangerous things
i want you to THINK about crossing
that line
whether you do or not
is of no import to me
just as long as you look me
in the eye
and tell me how it makes you
FEEL
make it real
so that maybe
for the first time in your life
you'll be free


30 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Timo......I especially like "As one who has attempted on numerous occasions to bridge the gap between
    fantasy and reality". Made me smile. Yes, if people stopped to think about how they and those around them would FEEL in given situations, they might make kinder and wiser choices. But those who conduct themselves as you have described dont allow themselves to feel, they couldnt handle it.....LOVE the closing lines, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i echo sherry's interpretation. i do appreciate that notion of once one should do something that crosses the line of their norm or comfort level. this will provide that view into reality vs fantasy.

    well penned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Actions and choices have consequences, even when it seems like maybe we got away with something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Even sitting on our butts has consequences :)

      Delete
  4. They had a way to work up the desire in their fellow male students and enjoyed every minute of these male student's frustrations.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone said 'seeing is believing but feeling is the truth.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be my favorite of yours... there are more senses than sight... and it's about daring to feel to be free... (sounds like some song)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make it real...make me feel how you feel...Freedom, so many never experience it. Great work! Congratulations on your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good questions. There are some things I choose not to want to know how it makes me feel anymore, old-fashioned am I, I suppose. And it feels just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True--it's better to get over some feelings, otherwise we would never move on in life.

      Delete
  9. I want you to consider dangerous things
    i want you to THINK about crossing
    that line
    whether you do or not
    is of no import to me

    These lines really spoke to me.. no doubt we should consider the consequences of our actions. Beautifully put!

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that, Sanaa...and the same to you.

      Delete
  10. Enjoyable poem. I'm apt to keep all those feelings to myself though; I'm an old bat with a closet filled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the No Vacancy sign on your closet door--ha ha

      Delete
  11. I love the way you ended this; so touching:

    "just as long as you look me
    in the eye
    and tell me how it makes you
    FEEL
    make it real
    so that maybe
    for the first time in your life
    you'll be free"

    ReplyDelete
  12. FeeLinGs
    and senses
    not alWays
    a match
    in some
    hands
    and heARts..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meouw have felt free once or twice in this life ... and meouw intend 2 feel free a few times more in ma other 8 lifes ... ya ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cause and effect basically. Its a wonderful piece, and one that shifts the perspective between varying elements -all for the greater good. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Freedom is many things to many people but it feels so damn good when you have it.

    ReplyDelete