Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

ANYWAY




Sometimes I just have to stop 
an say to myself
what the HELL you doin man?

an then I think well

I ain't these candidates
wavin the Good Book and the flag
around like they was the ones
who invented em
so addicted to playin that game
till it's not even about the money
or the power anymore
it's just about the rush I get
when I hear them chanting my name

no...I ain't doin that...


an' then I think

am I a junkie
shootin shit into my arm
an between my toes
lyin
stealin
betrayin
sellin mah goddamn
soul for the next fix
(or just the next pack of cigs)

an I say no... ain't doin that...

(so already things are lookin up) 

an I ain't workin for Monsanto

raping and ripping off 
the world
an I ain't the ones making
those telltale trails in the sky
with God knows what is comin
out the ass end of those planes
an I ain't running some online scam
from an internet cafe somewhere
in Nigeria duping lonely 
and gullible folks out of their
hard earned savings
an I ain't some serial killer
but I am a cereal killer
every morning
an it occurs to me that 
most of the good you can do 
in this world 
may be defined more by all
the bad you stay away from
so I'll keep on feelin my oats
and eating my spinach
an watching Popeye cartoons 
an laughin my ass off
an thinkin...

man 

you ain't such a bad dude
after all...
anyway
it could be worse




16 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to ponder the idea that humanity could get any worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I don't know if there's any more bad in the world...it could just be that what bad there is is really getting worse.

      Delete
  2. Watching My Little Pony never hurt anyone either. Hell, maybe it might teach some people about the magic of friendship and how to be less awful to our fellow ponies, er, people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...we need a world where we can ride into the sunset with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans singing "Happy Trails To You."

      Delete
  3. I agree.. we try to stay away from the big bad things in our little worlds but tangentially does our collective silence allow for the bad to exist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you start to look like a saint compared to everyone else
    you know the state of affairs in the world is not good.Solution ...live in the desert with a cactus garden, eat well, write poems,think lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you know I live in the desert, eat well, and have cactus in my front yard? The Twilight Zone theme just started playing in the background!

      Delete
  5. Fair enough – when you put it like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People fall into so many traps. While some of us are saying, if you had just watched where you were going...

      Delete
  6. I don't think the world and the people in it could get any worse.. but then again I could be wrong..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I didn't even mention some of the really bad stuff--lol

      Delete
    2. You're one of the good guys, Tim. Love the cereal killer line!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Sherry! Now it's time for my oatmeal.

      Delete
  7. U a good boy/girl ... but now piss in da cup and prove it … as I witness and video tape it … But like U said: It could be worse. Anyway. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just don't mistake what's in that cup for lemonade!

    ReplyDelete