Pages

Friday, May 4, 2018

HERE COMES THE LUNCH



Lengthy verse (more than 100 lines or so)
bores me to tears. Just make your
point suckah, and admit that you are
a novelist at heart. And haiku, 
while so tasty and perfect for our
ADD world, is the Chinese 
food of poetry. You're ravenous again 
shortly afterward. So I'm going to 
feed you a light lunch to tide you over. 
Let's see...it's about me (isn't it always?)

I'm wasting away in the bar of a 

hotel (you could call it seedy)
when a woman slides 
onto the stool next to me.
Maybe she's a hooker.
Maybe she isn't. But we end up 
getting a room and afterwards 
as we light the proverbial fags 
(I don't smoke but it's necessary 
to the atmosphere of the story)
we begin sharing details of our 
personal lives and lo and behold 
it turns out that she's my long 
lost sister! I look her square 
in the eye and say that I don't
regret a thing. She says well
she does regret one thing 
and I say what's that and 
she says it's that now you're
prolly not going to pay me!

19 comments:

  1. A crumbled cookie is better than no cookie at all ... smiles ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I see the crumbled cookie and all I say is, "You gonna eat that?"

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hilarious story, with that unexpected twist at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snorting with laughter* ...

    if this is your brain on mush - then s'more please .... had me chuckling with the opening .... and then, well, now isn't this just a weird ending? LOL - nothing quite like a warped unexpected to spice things into "wonderland" ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So i was thinking, okay, there's the sister thing...that's weird enough. But's let's add a little something else for the kicker at the end. Happy to have tickled your fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the unexpected twist at the end!💜 Happy Tuesday, Timoteo 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one gave me some giggles😊 the end surprise is a definite LOL🤣

    much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long arms when I'm reaching over to tickle you :)

      Delete
  7. Great poem - I loved the twist at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the punch line and twist this has. You always make me laugh Timoteo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie. That's the best thing I've heard all day!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Toni. Sign on a restroom wall: "I aim to please. You aim too, please"

      Delete
  10. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete