Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

THE MAIN THING



I don't care
about your poem

What I mean is

I DON'T CARE...

if your poem is political

I just won't be discussing
it with you

if your poem is personal
as long as you are
only crying in ways that
don't show on the outside

if your poem is salacious 

as long as it's funny and dirty 
at the same time

if your poem

is a prose poem if you
don't mind me saying it's prosaic

if your poem is a sonnet

I'll just imagine you
in your Easter Bonnet 

if you stole your poem

from someplace else as long as
it's nothing I've already read

if your poem is an erasure poem

(you should have erased it
before anyone saw it)

The main thing is 
that you get on with it 

because

we
both
know
this
ends 
badly

for him

for you
for me 
quite possibly for the world
and most assuredly
for this poem

13 comments:

  1. Just try and keep your own nose clean and everything is gonna be alright, Tim man. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go wash it again just to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are too many poems in other people's business.. lol Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I should have written a sonnet. I don't care that you paint your fingernails. That is not true. I do...and I am never going out with you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can still imagine you with your Easter bonnet! Whew...you had me worried there for a moment about the fingernails...but I only paint my toes.

      Delete
  5. if your poem is personal
    as long as you are
    only crying in ways that
    don't show on the outside

    LOL! I feel you, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Kerry! If you wear your heart on your sleeve it's easier for anyone to come along and break it.

      Delete
  6. Hahaha yes it seems like that way sometimes that people either don't care or perhaps simply don't get it. 💞

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that no matter how fun and quirky your poems are, you manage to add a depth that requires some deep thinking. Love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is equally loved. Thanks, Teresa!

      Delete